Monuments in Ciechanowiec

The Holy Trinity Church

Kościół pw. Trójcy Przenajświętszej

The current parochial church was built from 1736 to 1739 by the architect Jan Kluk by the foundation of Franciszek Ossoliński. The church represents typical baroque style and there are sculptures inside that come from late baroque.

Visiting the church it is worth to see the tomb epitaph with the marble bust of Rev. Krzysztof Kluk, which was made by the well known sculptor of the Polish classicism Jakub Tatarkiewicz. In the presbytery there are two memorials: one of Katarzyna from Ossoliński Jabłonowska and the other one the tomb memorial of Justyn Ciecierski.

Out of paintings inside the church the most important are: the XVIII century Italian copy of the painting by Carl Maratti in the main altar, the painting of the cupper covered Madonna and the painting of St. Nicolas.

The monastery-hospital complex

Zespół klasztorno-szpitalnyThe complex of the monastery of the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul and the hospital was founded by the Ossoliński family.

The hospital burnt several times. After the fire of 1915 it was rebuilt to house the city hall (1925). Next devastation of 1944 and reconstruction of 1954-1960, again to be a hospital with addition of the third level, completely changed the architecture of the building. Of the old complex only the gate with the dates of 1737-1925, the fragments of the old monastery walls and well preserved stone fence surrounding the old property of the Szarytki sisters are still in place.

The memorial of Rev. Krzysztof Kluk

Pomnik księdza Krzysztofa Kluka In 1850 at the prominent city square there was an opening ceremony of the memorial of Rev. Krzysztof Kluk, which was founded by the owner of Ciechanowiec count Stefan Ciecierski. It was made by the great sculptor of the Polish classicism Jakub Tatarkiewicz.

During the World War II, to preserve the monument, it was moved inside the church yard.

Founded by Stefan Ciecierski they made also the statue of St. Florian, the saint patron of firefighters. The sculpture was made of sandstone in the Gothic Revival style.

The Lord’s Ascension Orthodox Church

Cerkiew prawosławna pw. Wniebowstąpienia Pańskiego The orthodox church was built in 1884 in the place of a taken down Unite church. Neither the interior nor the documents indispensable for reconstruction had been preserved. During the World War II civilians were being executed inside the church. An obelisk in honor of these casualties had been built on a square near the church.

The Market Square

Zabudowa rynkuThere were two market squares with their corners joint together on the left-bank part of Ciechanowiec. The elegant marketplace was reconstructed in the XVIII century. A church complex was built on the east side and a monastery complex on the north side. The south side was occupied by the presbytery buildings.

The rectangular-shaped commercial marketplace is much bigger, but only two of the old buildings have survived to this day: a XIX century one-storey house and a multi-storey building from the beginning of the XX century.

The right-bank Ciechanowiec had had it’s own main triangle-shaped marketplace, but at present it is turned into a green. A couple of old one-storey houses have been preserved: stone and wooden houses on the Łomżyńska street and a XIX century stone multi-storey building in the market square’s corner.

The Mansion-Park Complex (the Museum of Agriculture)

Zespół pałacowo-parkowy (Muzeum Rolnictwa) The mansion complex and the remains of the park, preserved to this day with only a few changes, were built in the middle of the XIX century. The asymmetrical shape, neo-classical architectural details, rich molding and window frames and the columned porch have been designed by an architect Julian Ankiewicz.

Treating the architectural details of stone buildings of the old stables, coach house and the wooden watermill separately proves the artist’s connection with the Bavarian architecture of this period. The outhouse and the Romantic, pseudo-fortified garden walls with a corner tower are of a slightly different character.

Probably for both the purposes of the manor’s economy and for diversifying the park’s appearance, a wooden watermill had been placed by the outlet of the park’s pond.

The manor service’ buildings, near the Pałacowa street, have been kept in close connection with the manor’s buildings. A forester’s lodge was situated just behind the entrance gate, and the three buildings used by the manor’s service had stood on the junction, just a little further. One of these buildings had preserved its original architectural form.

Mazowiecko-Podlaski Open-Air Museum

Skansen Mazowiecko-Podlaski The museum’s exhibition, found in 1970, consists of old, wooden country buildings, brought here from Mazowsze’s and Podlasie’s borderland. These buildings are an illustration to different styles of architecture and building technique. The complex have been divided into three plain’ air exhibitions.

Part "A" – north-east. It has taken the place of a manor’s former orchard, from which three trees, planted in 1915, have remained. Historic wooden country buildings have been placed here in a form of backwater – a simplified exhibition of a countryside society’s cross section from the turn of the XX century. A pasture with a well and a sweep in the middle, as well as some willows, is in the centre of the complex.

Part "B" – south-west, situated in a former vegetable garden. In this part two homesteads and a collection of granaries and barns is presented.

Part "C" – situated on a plot with remains of the park’s old tree stand, on the other side of Pałacowa street.

Inside the museum’s buildings are presented ethnographic collections illustrating the peasant’s and every-day life and the old country craft. Local breeds of sheep and chicken are also raised here.

Monuments in Pobikry
The Bishop and Martyr St. Stanisław Church

Kościół parafialny z 1864r. The present church was built in 1857-60. It was founded by Stefan Ciecierski and designed by an Warsaw architect Ernest Bauman. Gothic Revival church, oriented and unplastered.

There are two historic, unplastered brick gates in the church cemetery’s fence:

  1. 1.on the west side – the gate in a shape of a triple sharply-arched arcade,
  2. 2.on the north side – this gate has been built on a base of a square. Formerly a mortuary, currently a passageway to an adjacent cemetery.

Historic tombs from c 1900 and 1881, with a cast-iron fence and cross, are located on a the cemetery.

Manor’s Outhouse

Manor’s outhouse is from the first half of the XIX century. Originally it had probably been built as a manor of the Ciecierscy family, and only later it had picked up the role of an outhouse. The outhouse is built on the base of a rectangle, in a neo-classical style. It is a wooden, plastered, one-storey, nine-axis building of a framework construction.

The remains of a ruined park, of an alley leading to the town and a roadside cross from 1861 can be found on the south-east.

Monuments in Winna-Poświętna
Maiden and Martyr St. Dorothy’s Church

Kościół parafialny z 1696r.The church was built in 1696 by Andrzej Jabłonowski Grzymała and his wife Urszula of the Skiwscy family. The church is of a framework construction, wooden, with a stone underpinning and boarded. The church’s presbytery is turned to east (to Jerusalem) and the altar is baroque in style.

Next to the church there is a two-storey wooden church belfry with stone foundation and baroque bells:

  • of 1652 with the signature of Augustyn Koesche, the craftsman of Toruń
  • of 1757 with the signature of Rev. Idzi Dąbrowski.

Church graveyard: - classicistic gravestones from the first half of the 19th century. In the wall there are epitaphic boards from the second quarter of the 19th century:

Graveyard - among others there are sandstone boards with inscriptions with the coat of arms of the Jelita Tchórznickich: Wiktor and Mateusz, sons of Wojciech, the co-owner of Winna in 1794.

<< >>
Na początek strony
Przełącz na wersje dla niedowidzących